Wednesday 25 November 2009

Editing the rose using Premier Elements

For the first video I imported the clips into premier elements, clip by clip. I then exported the whole video as one. I opened a new project and imported the movie. To get the rose to open and die quickly I had to speed up the video from 6.00.00 minutes to 00.13.00 seconds. This made the rose look jerky and created the effect I wanted. This is shown below

I then explored the effects on Premier Elements; I found no effects that I could use to make the video look a authentic old film. I then looked further and found a effect on Windows Movie Maker. There were several different effects that I could chose from, including different styles from different Eras.
I found two different effects that I liked, these are shown below:





After lots of discussion with our group we decide to use effect 1 this is because it showed the detail of the rose, where as the older effect look away all the hard work we put in when editing each picture.
This is the final edit:


At the end of our music video we decide to do a rewind of all that happens in the video, we then rewound the rose footage to Finnish the music video off. I did this by selecting the time stretch key and reversed the speed, from forwards to backwards. This rewound the whole opening of the rose. So the rose died and came to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment