Thursday 24 September 2009

Director Profile

The music video director I have decided to study is Dave Meyers, I looked at the work of alot of different directors but decided that Dave Meyers is my favourite and the one that will be most useful to me, due to the fact that he has worked with artists such as Slipknot, Kelly Clarkson and Pink, all of whom have a much more edgy style than the average pop artist.
Dave Meyers is an American music video director. He has directed close to 200 high-profile videos. He won the Grammy Award for Best Short Form Music Video in 2005, co-directing with Missy Elliot and Pink.
He has degrees in Film Production and Philosophy, and worked his way through the studio systems at Paramount and Fox before filming his first music video with rap crew The Whoridas.
My favourite music video directed by Dave Meyers is 'Left Behind' by Slipknot. I like the sinister feel that it had. The colour scheme is red, white and black the same as we would like to use for our music video. The performance is set outdoors which is also an aspect of the video which i would be interested in mimicing. The video also fits Goodwin's music video theory as it applys the reference to the notion of looking e.g. using screens within screens. I also enjoyed watching his video to Dido's "Thank You".

No comments:

Post a Comment